- 1 cup unsalted butter
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 12 ounces Rice Krispie cereal
- Grease 9 x 13 pan with butter.
- Place cereal in a large heatproof bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir brown sugar, cream, and corn syrup into butter; cook, stirring, until mixture becomes thick and syrupy, 7 minutes. Stir 2 teaspoons salt into butter mixture. Remove from heat and add marshmallows; stir until marshmallows are smooth and melted.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over rice cereal and stir. Transfer cereal mixture to prepared baking dish and press down with greased parchment paper.
- Optional: Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
- Cool and cut into squares.