- 4 cups boysenberries (I sometimes use frozen blackberries, rinsed.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Combine berries, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. If berries are frozen, let sit in bowl for a bit to thaw.
- Place in unbaked 9-inch pie crust.
- Dot with butter and place crust on top.
- Cut slits in top and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes.
Source: Lori Davis
Note: For the crust I use the recipe for the Pate brisee pie crust